Navigate uncertainty: Strategy and innovation with Cynefin™ & Wardley Maps in Stockholm, Sweden
This is event is organized and presented by agile42
How do we make sense of the world so we can act in it? And how do we find a way to map our challenges onto a real business map that allows us to find our way? Two popular approaches are Dave Snowden’s Cynefin™ Framework and Simon Wardley’s Wardley Maps. Many people have found these useful separately, but increasingly people are exploring the potential synergies, as they both provide valuable sense-making capacity in strategic and operational work across a broad range of applications. Maps, frameworks, methods, and manifestos all have their role and function in organizational strategy and the theory behind it, and understanding the differences and connections between them will be important as we enter times of increasing uncertainty.
This two-day workshop is an opportunity to take part in an event where the two thought leaders will engage in a seminar-style dialogue, which will explore the blending of their ways of thinking, as well as interact with participants to address responses to their real-world challenges. The first masterclass of that type in Reading, UK in December 2018 was unique in creating novelty out of the interaction of the two approaches. This masterclass will allow this synergy to mature even further, to the benefit of the participants. It promises to be a seminal event.
What will you learn?
Participants will build skills for facilitating discussions and promote action-oriented thinking that responds and evolves as conditions change within leadership teams. In this masterclass, we will explore and put into practice the synergies between the Cynefin™ and Wardley Maps. Some of the discussions to look forward to are:
- a concise introduction to the Cynefin™ Framework and Wardley Maps
- the interplay between the Cynefin™ Framework and Wardley Maps
- links between Apex Predator Theory and the climatic patterns of Wonder, Peace & War
- the role of narrative and cognitive mapping in allowing weak signal detection and the anticipation of the novel evolution of parts into a different whole
- some of the new work arising from the recent Cynefin Centre retreats on the role of scaffolding and constraints in managing complex systems
- the use, discovery, and separation of universal patterns, context-specific plays and economic rules of the game
- organizing the company around the Cynefin™ Framework and Wardley Maps
In order to register please contact agile42 directly at email@example.com