Cynefin® Practitioner Foundations Plus (2+1) training consists of a two-day Foundations course followed by a one-day extension. You can choose to participate in both, the 2-day Cynefin Foundations only, or if you have received training in the Cynefin framework before, the extension day only**.
** Please note that day 3 is only available as a stand-alone for participants with prior knowledge of Cynefin.
Who should attend?
Anyone from environments characterised by uncertainty, diversity of opinions, multiple perspectives and options, limited resources and rapidly shifting and competing priorities who wants to make an impact.
The Cynefin® Practitioner Foundations (March 11-12)
- A brief introduction to the principles of complexity and why it matters.
- An in-depth exploration of the Cynefin® framework and how to apply it to your work.
- Learn how to apply foundational Cognitive Edge facilitation methods.
- Hands-on experience in thinking through Cynefin® applications –in areas such as:
- organisational change and transformation,
- improving decision making, and
- creating the conditions for leadership effectiveness, engagement, collaboration and innovation.
The course fee covers:
- Morning and afternoon tea and a light lunch
- Copy of course materials (pdf post program)
- Access to a range of Cognitive Edge techniques and templates ***
- Free registration for Cognitive Edge Cynefin® Online Foundations course (which we recommend you work through prior to attending the face-to-face Foundations). This course is normally valued at $499. ***
- 3 months access to our Premium Membership (valued at $75 ($299 per year))***
*** Please note this is only available when registering for the entire 3 days or the 2-day Cynefin Foundations.
The Skills Extension day (March 13)
Applied complexity: Enabling organisational fluidity
There is a growing awareness that the organizations we work in are more like unpredictable and interconnected ecosystems than predictable machines. In these complex ecosystems, most of our models and “best practices” are no longer effective and leaders, OD and L&D practitioners often find that they are not equipped for this new world of work. The reason for this is that many of our prevailing toolsets and paradigms are based on assumptions of linearity, predictability, and certainty and we more often than not find ourselves in contexts that are unpredictable and volatile.
Current organisational structures and ways of working cannot enable the organisational agility and responsiveness that the so-called VUCA world requires. What is becoming increasingly apparent is that organizations that want to become resilient and strategically agile will need to fundamentally shift not only work practices but also how they think, strategize and organize.
This workshop will provide participants with practical ways to apply the very latest learnings from complexity to enable greater organisational responsiveness and fluidity. We will dive more deeply into complexity and explore the shifts in thinking and practice that is required.
Specifically this one-day experiential workshop includes:
- Setting the context: why is sense-making and an understanding of complexity a critical skill in the future of work?
- Explore Cynefin more deeply, and in particular the associate constraints typology.
- A practical introduction to More Beyond’s Waysfinder framework, which offers practical ways to navigate complexity and enable not only flow but organisational fluidity.
Our focus will be on practical application, not theoretical exploration.
“Being able to manage complexity is incredibly important for the times that we live and work in. I recently attended a workshop on complexity, looking specifically at the Cynefin and Waysfinder frameworks. Sonja explained the concept in an amazingly succinct and practical manner.”
This one day workshop is for those with a working knowledge of the Cynefin® framework. The workshop provides experiential learning opportunities with a highly experienced and diverse team of facilitators and participants.
Please note: Registration for this option only does not include access to the online course, or network membership as part of the course fee.
Uses complex facilitation principles and processes.
The agenda is developed from the interests and priorities of the participants.
If you want to discuss your current knowledge and understanding of the Cynefin framework, please email the facilitators and one of us will contact you – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact us if you would prefer to pay by invoice in ZAR.
Ticket prices in ZAR:
* Early Bird 3 days – R 12,150 (available until 29/02/2020)
* Early Bird – Foundations only – R8100 (available until 29/02/2020)
* Standard ticket 3 days – R13,500
* Standard ticket – Foundations onlye – R9,000
* Standard ticket – Day 3 only – R4,500 (a basic understanding of Cynefin is required to register for Day 3 only)
Sonja Blignaut has been practically applying ideas from complexity sciences for almost 2 decades. She is a consultant, facilitator and thinking partner to leaders, practitioners and change-makers who need to navigate uncertainty, enable flow and create future-fit organisations.
Based in South Africa, Sonja looks after the global Cynefin Network for Cognitive Edge, and has been Prof Dave Snowden’s exclusive South African partner since 2007. Feel free to explore her thinking on her blog www.morebeyond.co.za/blog.