Cynefin™ Practitioner Foundations Plus (2+1) — Cynefin in Action: Build, Embed and Sustain Change
The Cynefin™ Practitioner Foundations Plus (2+1) concept consists of a two-day Foundations course followed by a one-day extension course. You can choose to participate in the Foundations only, the extension day only, or both courses.
Who should attend?
Anyone from environments characterised by uncertainty, diversity of opinions, multiple perspectives and options, limited resources and rapidly shifting and competing priorities who wants to make an impact.
The Cynefin™ Practitioner Foundations (July 30 & 31)
- The principles of complexity and complexity thinking
- Exploration of Cynefin™ framework in depth, applications in different settings and contexts, and for different issues and challenges
- Foundational Cognitive Edge facilitation methods, for strategic and operational applications
- Hands-on experience in thinking through Cynefin™ applications in areas such as:
- organisational change and transformation,
- improving decisionmaking, and
- creating the conditions for leadership effectiveness, engagement, collaboration and innovation.
- The course fee covers
- Morning and afternoon tea, light lunch
- Copy of course materials (pdf post program)
- Access to a range of Cognitive Edge techniques and templates
- Registered for Cognitive Edge Cynefin™ Foundations Online Training (valued at $A700)
- 6 months membership in the Cognitive Edge practitioner network
The Skills Extension day (Aug 1)
Cynefin™ in Action – Build, Embed and Sustain Change in Complex Systems
This one day workshop is for those with a working knowledge of the framework. It is designed to extend skills and capabilities in applying the Cynefin™ complexity framework and associated methods in areas such as:
- Partnering and collaboration – across silos, within and between organisations, with communities and multiple stakeholders,
- Maximising engagement and maintaining momentum,
- Embracing a diversity of perspectives,
- Undertaking innovation in context,
- Designing, monitoring and measuring the impact of change strategies.
- The workshop provides experiential learning opportunities with a highly experienced and diverse team of facilitators and participants
The Workshop Process
- Uses complex facilitation principles and processes.
- The agenda is developed from the interests and priorities of the participants.
- It is highly experiential, with participants practicing the facilitation of the selected methods.
- Explores the difference between traditional and complex methods.
- Integrate complex methods and facilitation processes into existing practice and support appropriate application.
- Provides practice in design and facilitation of complex methods and processes appropriate to context.
If you want to discuss your current knowledge and understanding of the
framework, please email the facilitators and one of us will contact you –
Please note: Registration for this option only does not include access to the online course, or network membership as part of the course fee.
The Complexability team
Your workshop practitioners — Viv Read, Laurel Sutton, Bob Dick, Marcia Dwonczyk and Scott Arbuthnot — have extensive practical experience in training and application of the tools and methods. The Cynefin™ framework and associated methods have been applied in organisations as diverse as Federal and State government Departments and agencies, Australian and international NGO’s and aid organisations, in banking and finance, defence, and pharmaceutical, universities, utilities, and community organisations. The team will be led by Viv Read, Authorised Cynefin™ Trainer, with some or all of others attending the program. Further details of their experience is on the website.