Cognitive Edge 2012 - an exciting year of change marked by a new look!
Cognitive Edge is excited to announce some major changes here in the first quarter of 2012. These changes are marked by a new look and a complete remake of our online presence. Today with the launch of our new website we are announcing three corporate developments and related changes:
1) An evolution of our Network model
2) Changes to our education program
3) SenseMaker® software collaboration
1) An evolution of our Network model - in the past 5 years Cognitive Edge has expanded its Network of practitioners from just over a 100 members to over 1200. More than 3,500 people from 41 different countries have taken courses and seminars with us and our content continues to get strong reviews from attendees. This has created a great foundation for our Network and this year we are evolving our model to better support our next level of growth an expansion.
We are excited to announce together with the launch of our new website the following changes to our Network:
In addition to having access to more materials and enhanced content, Members subscribing to our Premium content will be granted a commercial-use license. The commercial use terms allow for derivative works which provide integration opportunities for Network members seeking to embed CE methods into their service offerings.
Our Ning community will remain in place for the next few months as we expand and activate more tools available to us with our new website platform. Once a significant number of equivalent Ning features are activated on our own website we will be transitioning to our own platform. This move will allows us greater flexibility to build on and enhance the rich content that the community continues to develop collectively. We’ll let Practitioners on Ning know early, when we plan to make this change...
2) Changes to our education program - Our education program will be evolving as follows:
And for our third company announcement we are announcing a change to our software development direction.
3) SenseMaker® software collaboration - SenseMaker® and the patented methodology behind this approach to making sense of complex environments and situations continues to be recognised as a break-through in decision support and crowd-sourced scanning. We want to maintain our ability to innovate across a range of application areas but we don’t see ourselves as owning or directing all the applications. So we are striking a series of key partnerships to develop SenseMaker® in specific application fields, all of which will be available to the Network. We are rebranding SenseMaker® as Powered by SenseMaker® to reflect this focus that coincides with the progressive launch of v3.0.
As a first step we are opening up the development environment to partners and Network members. This will allow the expansion of our development capacity and accelerate the creation of a more diverse set of applications to be made available to the Network. Our first training course for developers was delivered in Amsterdam this past month and we will be scheduling more in the coming months.
So what does the software strategy change really mean? Well think about the following opportunities:
So that rounds out the three business direction changes that are marked with the launch of our new website. We will expand on this announcement in the coming weeks in blogs and other correspondence and look forward to addressing direct questions that are forwarded to us (see contact details below)
In addition to the above changes to our business direction our management team will also be taking on a new look. Dave Snowden, co-founder and Chief Scientific Officer will be assuming the role of acting-CEO. Steve Bealing, co-founder and CEO, has decided to move on to new opportunities and will be transitioning out of the company in the coming months. Steve will be working with the management team to facilitate a smooth transition and his dedication and support will continue in the interim as a lead on special projects and corporate initiatives. All existing members of the management team will continue in their roles working with Dave to execute the company’s evolving strategy.
Moving forward CE will remain a global SME (small / medium enterprise) company with key staff located in Singapore, UK, Canada, and the United States. Our US subsidiary company, Cognitive Edge (USA) Inc., has been in operation for a year now and continues to build its local presence in this large market. CE also continues to develop its relations with key contractors, and partners in Canada, the USA, the UK, the Netherlands, Germany, South Africa, and Australia. We remain open to expand on such relationships and welcome inquiries from all CE Network members.
We are looking forward to creating a different but familiar Cognitive Edge together with our Network members, business partners, and customers in the years ahead. We have been preparing for change for several months and are excited that our new website was ready in time to be the key marker signalling our exciting changes.
If you have any questions regarding any part of this announcement please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.