Whistler, BC, Canada (near Vancouver)
June 27-29, 2018
We will be hosting our first Cynefin Train-the-Trainer course in Whistler, BC, Canada. The Train-the-Trainer sessions will run immediately following the Cynefin Retreat on June 27-29. This will be an unique opportunity to fast track onboarding of the Cynefin Practitioner Certification program. This course is for anyone with prior Cognitive Edge training and/or project experience who would like to be part of Cognitive Edge’s first cohort of certified practitioners and be ready for early opportunities working with Cognitive Edge’s next generation software tools and engage in the Cognitive Edge services business models under development.
Cynefin practitioners who attend a Train-the-Trainer course will have the option of taking an initial certification step and becoming authorised to deliver commercial in-person Cynefin Foundations training. Authorisation process will include recorded instruction / facilitation assessments, SenseMaker® narrative feedback, online testing, and attendance to supplementary training as required. Authorised trainers will be able to exclusively offer local Cynefin Foundations training as part of a soon to be announced global Cognitive Consulting Group.
Contact us if you want to know if you qualify at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About this course
How can the application of Cynefin be effectively taught to individuals and teams? How can Cynefin practitioners build capacity in teams more quickly? How can companies and consultants improve their work on complex challenges by making Cynefin training a core part of their initiatives?
This in-person training course will help you answer these questions and develop your Cynefin training capabilities. This course is also a requirement for any individual interested in being amongst the first Certified Cynefin Practitioners.
What this course covers
The Cynefin Train-the-Trainer course is divided into three core components delivered over 2-days:
An immersion into the current thinking on theory, methods, and practice with Dave Snowden. Dave will lead this session with a focus on:
- Summary of key teaching principles when introducing Cynefin at different levels of an organisation
- Liminal Cynefin and dynamics
- Constraint mapping & typology
- Apex Predator Theory in strategy
- The context and need for abductive research and decision making
- Narrative – the bigger picture
Instruction on Cynefin teaching aids and materials
- Review of new Cynefin Foundations Online course and video resources
- Exercises and how to run them
- Opportunity to design a Cynefin training session and integrate available training resources and exercises with feedback and input from other course participants.
Cynefin Practitioner Certification
- A detailed look at new Cynefin Practitioner certification process
- Domain specialization and opportunities to teach Cynefin Practitioner courses as certified practitioners
- Continuous learning as a member of the Cognitive Edge Practitioner’s Network
Who should attend?
This edition of the Cynefin Train-the-Trainer course is for anyone with prior Cognitive Edge training and/or project experience who would like to be part of the first cohort of certified Cynefin practitioners. Cognitive Edge is working on expanding its training program globally and will draw from certified practitioners for its initial faculty delivering application-specific practitioner courses.
Is prior Cognitive Edge training required?
Although prior training is recommended individuals who are deeply read in Cynefin and Cognitive Edge methods or with relevant project experience can apply to attend. Please contact us to discuss if you qualitfy.
** BONUS ** – Attend the Cynefin Retreat as well!
This course will be integrated with the Cynefin Retreat to allow for Cynefin practitioners to attend nearly all of the Whistler retreat sessions. This Cynefin Train-the-Trainer course is a residential offer which includes two (2) nights accommodation and meals for onsite meeting days. The Train-the-Trainer sessions will run immediately following the Cynefin on June 27-29.
The Train-the-Trainer course can be bundled with the Cynefin Retreat and/or Cognitive Edge’s new online Cynefin Foundations training. See tickets for pricing.
Wednesday, 27 June 2018
- Arrival at 4:00 pm;
- Introduction to the program & discussion with thought leaders 6:30 pm – 9 pm
Thursday, 28 June 2018
- Train-the-Trainer 08:30 am – 09:00 pm
Friday, 29 June 2018
- Train-the-Trainer: participant presentations 08:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Departure 12:00 pm
Cognitive Edge reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule the offered session. In the event of cancellation or rescheduling, a full refund of course fees will be processed within 10 business days of cancellation or rescheduling notice. Cancellations by registrants are only permitted with a minimum of 3 weeks notice ahead of course delivery date with refunds provided less a 10% processing fee. Substitutions are permitted at any time as well as rescheduling attendance to an alternate session within a 12 month period.
Explanation of additional ticket choices:
- If you are part of a group of FOUR (4) or more people, then please email email@example.com for a group discount.
- Premium Members get 15% discount on all training. Sign up for the Network here: Cognitive Edge network registration for a Basic membership. When you’ve done that you’ll be directed to the Network Dashboard page, click on the upgrade option to pay to become a Premium member and use the 15% discount code.
NOTE: Group discounts cannot be used cumulatively with Network Membership discounts. If you have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.