Cynefin™ Train-the-Trainer : Snowdonia, Wales | October 17-19, 2018
We will be hosting the last edition of the 2018 cycle for the Cynefin™ Train-the-Trainer course in Snowdonia, Wales . The Train-the-Trainer sessions will run immediately following the Cynefin™ Retreat.
This course is for anyone with prior Cognitive Edge training and/or project experience who would like to take the next step to deepen their learning and practice in Cynefin™, its methods and complexity. Deeper understanding and mastery is linked to the ability to teach others.
The Cynefin™ Train-the-Trainer is a requirement for becoming an authorized Cynefin™ trainer – be it for in-house training in your organisation or if you are interested to join as a faculty member and partner in delivering commercial in-person Cynefin™ Practitioner Foundations courses. It is also part of the Cynefin™ Practitioner Certification Program.
About this course
- How can the application of Cynefin™ be effectively taught to individuals and teams?
- How can Cynefin™ practitioners build capacity in teams more quickly?
- How can companies and consultants improve their work on complex challenges by making Cynefin™ training a core part of their initiatives?
This in-person training course will help you answer these questions and develop your Cynefin™ training capabilities. The Cynefin™ Train-the-Trainer course is a residential offer which includes two (2) nights accommodation and meals for onsite meeting days.
What this course covers
The Cynefin™ Train-the-Trainer course is divided into three core components delivered over 2-days:
(1) An immersion into the current thinking on theory, methods, and practice with Dave Snowden. Dave will lead this session with a focus on:
- Summary of key teaching principles when introducing Cynefin™ at different levels of an organisation
- Liminal Cynefin™ and dynamics
- Constraint mapping & typology
- Apex Predator Theory in strategy
- The context and need for abductive research and decision making
- Narrative – the bigger picture
(2) Instruction on Cynefin™ teaching aids and materials
- Review of newCynefin™ Foundations Online course and video resources
- Exercises and how to run them
- Opportunity to design a Cynefin™ training session and integrate available training resources and exercises with feedback and input from other course participants.
(3) Cynefin™ Practitioner Certification
- A detailed look at new Cynefin™ Practitioner certification process
- Domain specialization and opportunities to teach Cynefin™Practitioner courses as certified practitioners
- Continuous learning as a member of the Cognitive Edge Practitioner’s Network
Who should attend?
This edition of the Cynefin™Train-the-Trainer course is for anyone with prior Cognitive Edge training and/or project experience who would like to be part of the first cohorts of Authorized Cynefin™ trainers and certified Cynefin™ practitioners.
This course is a requirement for any individual interested in being an Authorized Cynefin™ Trainer and amongst the first Certified Cynefin™Practitioners. Cynefin™ practitioners who attend a Cynefin™ Train-the-Trainer course will have the option of taking an initial certification step and becoming authorized to deliver commercial in-person Cynefin™ Foundations training. The authorization process will include recorded instruction / facilitation assessments, SenseMaker® narrative feedback, online testing, and attendance to supplementary training as required. Authorised trainers will be able to exclusively offer local Cynefin™ Practitioner Foundations training in-house or as part of a soon to be announced global Cognitive Consulting Group. Contact us if you want to know if you qualify at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to read more about the Cynefin™ Practitioner Certification Program.
Cognitive Edge is working on expanding its training program globally and will draw from certified practitioners for its faculty delivering in-person Cynefin™ Practitioner Foundations courses, as well as application-specific practitioner courses.
Is prior Cognitive Edge training required?
Although prior training is recommended individuals who are deeply read in Cynefin™ and Cognitive Edge methods or with relevant project experience can apply to attend. Please contact us to discuss if you qualify.
It is recommended that you enroll for the Cynefin Foundations online course if you have not recently attended Cognitive Edge training, or have a limited understanding of the Cynefin™framework, its methods and complexity.
** BONUS ** – Attend the Cynefin™ Retreat as well!
This course will be integrated with the Cynefin™ Retreat to allow for Cynefin™ practitioners to attend all of the Snowdonia retreat sessions. The Train-the-Trainer sessions will run immediately following the Cynefin™ Retreat from October 14-18. If you are interested to attend both sessions, have a look at the special bundle tickets available below.
Wednesday, 17 October 2018
- Arrival at 4:00 pm
- Introduction to the program, discussion with thought leaders and group dinner 6:30 pm – 9 pm
Thursday, 18 October 2018
- Train-the-Trainer 9 am – 6 pm
Friday, 19 October 2018
- Train-the-Trainer continue & participant presentations 08:30 am – 3 pm
- Departure from 3 pm
There will be group dinners on Wednesday and Thursday evening.
Cognitive Edge reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule the offered session. In the event of cancellation or rescheduling, a full refund of course fees will be processed within 10 business days of cancellation or rescheduling notice. Cancellations by registrants are only permitted with a minimum of 3 weeks notice ahead of course delivery date with refunds provided less a 10% processing fee. Substitutions are permitted at any time as well as rescheduling attendance to an alternate session within a 12 month period.
Explanation of additional ticket choices:
- If you are part of a group of FOUR (4) or more people, then please email email@example.com for a group discount.
- Premium Members get 15% discount on all training. Sign up for the Network here: Cognitive Edge network registration for a basic membership. When you’ve done that you’ll be directed to the Network Dashboard page, click on the upgrade option to pay to become a Premium member and use the 15% discount code.
Group discounts cannot be used cumulatively with Network Membership discounts. If you have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.