Online course: SenseMaker® Signification Design
• When: January 5, 2015 for four weeks
• Facilitator: Laurie Webster
• Max class size: 20
• Min class size: 8
• Charge: $475 (USD)
This is a facilitator-guided course that introduces you to SenseMaker® Signification Design. This course has two major assignments related to collection of narratives:
• Review and assess story prompts, triads and dyads from a prior project; and
• Design a partial instrument — a signification framework — with feedback from the facilitator.
The course also offers four live sessions. Each session is scheduled at two different times, if needed, to be determined at the start of the course by participants’ time-zones:
• Conversation in small groups to get acquainted and answer questions;
• Clinic #1 on topics around SenseMaker®;
• Conversation on student-created instruments (signification frameworks); and
• Clinic #2 on topics around SenseMaker®.
The Conversations will be led by Laurie Webster from QED Insight. Each Clinic will be led by Michael Cheveldave or Tony Quinlan from Cognitive Edge.
Someone who has completed this course would be well-prepared to design a project and set it up for story collection.
At the conclusion of this facilitator-guided online class, you will have covered:
• Role and impact of narrative capture in the broader context of a project;
• Design of story prompts, signifiers, and metadata based on project objectives; and
• Relationship between signifier design and fragment capture.
• Participants should allow approximately 3-5 hrs per week for offline completion of assignments plus 1-2 hrs per week for a Conversation/Clinic, over the 4 weeks.
Pre-requisites & Requirements:
• You should have completed a SenseMaker® Workshop (classroom event) OR the SenseMaker® Environment online course. (Alternatively, you may affirm to Cognitive Edge/QED Insight that you have adequate prior knowledge).
• A basic understanding of using a personal computer (Mac or PC), OR, access to someone who can help. You also need to know how to download and upload files to the internet.
• You should have a broadband or DSL Internet connection to access the course materials and to participate in the four online Conversations and Clinics.
• You need one of the following browser versions with video support enabled: Internet Explorer 8 or higher, Firefox 4 or higher, Safari 7, or Google Chrome 38.
• We are using the latest version of Skype and GoToMeeting for the Conversations and Clinics. Let us know if this will be a problem for you (for example, if you will be connecting from behind a firewall).
The course and conversations will be led by Laurie Webster from QED Insight.
Each Clinic will be led by Michael Cheveldave or Tony Quinlan from Cognitive Edge.
|Premium Access||Basic Access|
|Membership in the Network||
|Opportunities to Learn||
|Access to the Content Library||
Full access to Library, including:
|Use of License||
|Sign Up $249 / year||Sign Up Free|